There is an extensive need for greater development in health economics (HE) capacity, as well as greater collaboration between health economics researchers and policy makers, in Alberta. The Network of Alberta Health Economists (NOAHE), developed in partnership with the Institute of Health Economics (Secretariat), Alberta Health, the University of Alberta, and the University of Calgary, seeks to address that need.
Objectives of NOAHE
- To improve health economics capacity in Alberta.
- To facilitate collaboration between the health economics researchers.
- To bring together users and producers of health economics evidence and analysis.
- To serve as an organized collective resource for health system decision makers.
- To promote integrated knowledge translation for the health system stakeholder community across Alberta more effectively.
Members of the NOAHE Working Group
- Mr. Philip Akude, Economist, Health Economics and Funding Branch, Alberta Health
- Ms. Tara Cowling, Director and Managing Principal, MEDLIOR
- Ms. Dolly Han, Submissions Analyst at pan-Canadian Oncology Drug Review (pCODR) program, CADTH
- Ms. Kate Harback, Senior Health Economist, Institute of Health Economics
- Mr. Dee-Jay King, Executive Director, Health Economics and Funding Branch, Health Standards, Quality, and Performance Division, Alberta Health
- Dr. Deborah Marshall, Professor, Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Calgary; Canada Research Chair (Health Systems and Services Research) and Arthur J.E. Child Chair in Rheumatology Research, Member O’Brien Institute for Public Health and McCaig Bone and Joint Health Institute
- Mr. Darren Mazzei, Graduate Student, PhD in Health Economics, University of Calgary
- Dr. Christopher McCabe, Executive Director and CEO, Institute of Health Economics
- Ms. Himani Pandey, Doctoral Student and Teaching Assistant at Department of Economics, University of Alberta
- Dr. Mike Paulden, Assistant Professor, School of Public Health, University of Alberta
- Ms. Hena Qureshi, Health Economist, Innomar Strategies
- Dr. Jeff Round, Director of Economics, Institute of Health Economics
- Dr. Eldon Spackman, Assistant Professor, Department of Community Health Sciences and O’Brien Institute for Public Health, University of Calgary
- Dr. Arianna Waye, Analyst with Health Technology Assessment and Innovation, AHS; Assistant Clinical Professor, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta