There is an extensive need for greater development in health economics (HE) capacity, as well as greater collaboration between health economics researchers and policy makers, in Alberta. The Institute of Health Economics, in partnership with the health economists from Alberta Health, and the Universities of Alberta and Calgary, is working on an exciting new initiative called the Network of Alberta Health Economists (NOAHE).
Objectives of NOAHE
- To improve health economics capacity in Alberta.
- To facilitate collaboration between the health economics researchers.
- To bring together users and producers of health economics evidence and analysis.
- To serve as an organized collective resource for health system decision makers.
- To promote integrated knowledge translation for the health system stakeholder community across Alberta more effectively.
Members of the NOAHE Working Group
- Mr. Philip Akude, Economist, Health Economics and Funding Branch, Alberta Health
- Ms. Jasmine Brown, Communications Director, Institute of Health Economics
- Ms. Tara Cowling, Director and Managing Principal, MEDLIOR
- Ms. Dolly Han, Submissions Analyst at pan-Canadian Oncology Drug Review (pCODR) program, CADTH
- Ms. Kai-Erh Kao, Graduate Student & NOAHE Intern, MSc., School of Public Health, University of Alberta
- Mr. Dee-Jay King, Executive Director, Health Economics and Funding Branch, Health Standards, Quality, and Performance Division, Alberta Health
- Dr. Deborah Marshall, Professor, Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Calgary; Canada Research Chair (Health Systems and Services Research) and Arthur J.E. Child Chair in Rheumatology Research, Member O’Brien Institute for Public Health and McCaig Bone and Joint Health Institute
- Dr. Christopher McCabe, Executive Director and CEO, Institute of Health Economics
- Ms. Himani Pandey, Doctoral Student and Teaching Assistant at Department of Economics, University of Alberta
- Dr. Mike Paulden, Assistant Professor, School of Public Health, University of Alberta
- Ms. Hena Qureshi, Health Economist, Innomar Strategies
- Dr. Jeff Round, Senior Health Economist, Institute of Health Economics
- Dr. Eldon Spackman, Assistant Professor, Department of Community Health Sciences and O’Brien Institute for Public Health, University of Calgary
- Dr. Arianna Waye, Analyst with Health Technology Assessment and Innovation, AHS; Assistant Clinical Professor, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta