NOAHE Health Economic Scholar (Fellowship) Award
Location: Remote / IHE offices
Deadline for Application: Sept 19, 2021
Start Date: October 1, 2021
Salary: $55,000 for one year
Note: This award can be applied as a portion of a longer postdoctoral position, dependent on commitment of funding from other sources.
About the Fellowship
The NOAHE Fellowship provides opportunities for successful recipients to gain practice-based experience working on either their own project of interest, and/or on projects identified by program sponsors as Alberta Health priorities (Alberta Health key Initiatives). To gain experience working with policy-makers, for both types of projects, this opportunity will be complemented by the mentorship of an academic supervisor from the University of Alberta or University of Calgary, a co-supervisor from the IHE, and a sponsor at Alberta Health.
The NOAHE Fellowship will
- Develop highly skilled research analysts and health economists in Alberta
- Support the Fellow in developing research skills
- Engage the Fellow in broad practice-based experiences and professional development opportunities
- Advance knowledge in health research and economic evaluation through publications and presentations
Eligibility and Requirements
Applicants are required to:
- Have training and/or experience in the area of health economics
- Use the Fellowship application form (download fellowship application form)
- Fulfill the criteria of a UofA / UofC Postdoctoral Fellow (including those related to completion of degree requirements, and length of time since convocation)
- Demonstrate the relevance of the Fellowship to their career goals
- Demonstrate that their area of research addresses a significant and long-term policy issue of interest to Alberta Health/IHE
- Identify the support of a supervisor who has an academic appointment
- Provide 3 letters of support, including one from the academic supervisor
- Commence the Fellowship at a time agreed upon by the sponsors and awardee
- Present Fellowship work to the IHE Board of Directors, Alberta Health, and/or other relevant stakeholders
Please note that if Alberta Health data are used in the trainee’s project, work in Edmonton may be required, and relevant Alberta Health restrictions (e.g., preapproval of publications) will apply.
Download and complete the NOAHE Postdoctoral Fellowship Funding Application Form and submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm (MT time), Sept 19, 2021.