IHE-NACTRC Post-doctoral Fellowship
Date of Posting: March 15, 2021
Deadline for Application: Open until filled. All applications received on or before March 31, 2021 will be given full consideration.
Time Commitment: Full-time
Term: 1 year
Reference Number: 21-004
Be part of our growth! IHE is hiring for a variety of positions to support our growing program of work.
In partnership with Northern Alberta Clinical Trials and Research Centre (NACTRC), the Institute of Health Economics (IHE) is recruiting a post-doctoral fellow to conduct research on digital interventions in health technology assessment for an initial fixed term of 1-year. The focus of the fellowship will be the development of an evaluation framework for health Information Technology interventions. The proposed title for the project is:
“A framework for evaluating safety, effectiveness and cost effectiveness of Digital health technologies including applications, telemedicine and connected medical devices.”
The output of the fellowship will be, as the title indicates, an evaluative framework that can be used to inform the design of studies of digital health evaluations, which can inform regulatory and reimbursement processes provincially and nationally.
We are seeking early career candidates who have demonstrated research interest in health technology assessment (HTA).
Roles and Activities:
The specific responsibilities of the role include the following:
- With some guidance and support from leadership, develop an approach for producing the evaluation framework including a workplan for the term of the fellowship.
- Deliver the workplan including literature review, expert consultation, methods development, and so on.
- Preparation of research reports, publications for scientific journals, and presentations for conferences
- Publishing and presenting analyses within various forums to a variety of stakeholders
Candidate must be based in Canada and eligible to work in Canada.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- PhD in Health Economics, Public Health, Statistics or related disciplines.
- Prior experience (professional, training, or research) in health technology assessment
- Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills
- Time management skills and ability to self-supervise
Remuneration is fixed at $65,000 CAN for the one-year term. IHE also offers a comprehensive package of health and wellness benefits.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest and CV by March 31, 2021, close of business (4 p.m. MST), to email@example.com. Candidates should indicate in their covering letter how they meet the requirements of the post and cite the position reference number. (Note: The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.) For further enquiries about the post or to arrange an informal discussion, please contact Dr. Jeff Round (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About the Institute of Health Economics:
The IHE is a not-for-profit organization that assists decision-makers in health policy and practice with the results from economic evaluations, costing, organizational performance, and cost-effectiveness analyses, and with syntheses of findings from research in health technology assessment (HTA). We specialize in producing health economic evidence including decision analytic modelling, econometric analysis, HTA, and knowledge transfer/exchange.
The IHE’s core objectives are to:
- Support decision-making in health policy and practice with evidence from research in health economics and HTA;
- Assess the medical, economic, social, and ethical implications of both established and new health practices, procedures, and technologies; and
- Facilitate discussions and partnerships among government, academia, industry, and healthcare providers to address important issues in health
For more information about the IHE, our team, and our work, please visit www.ihe.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.