IHE Research Associate
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Date of Posting: August 7, 2019
Deadline for Application: September 15, 2019
Duration and Term: Permanent – Full-time
The Institute of Health Economics (IHE) is a vibrant and growing not-for-profit research organization seeking a Research Associate (RA) to support its health technology assessment (HTA) services. The IHE assists decision-makers in health policy and practice with results from evidence synthesis of clinical studies, cost-effectiveness analyses, patient perspectives, and organizational and system impacts.
Roles and Activities:
The RA will report to the Associate Director of the HTA Unit, and will be responsible for undertaking HTA projects as assigned by the Associate Director. Working closely with the Associate Director or a Principal Research Lead, and in consultation with project requestors and other stakeholders, the RA will develop and formulate research strategies and approaches, undertake critical reviews, analyze and synthesize data from literature or other local sources, prepare HTA reports, and present research findings to project requestors and other stakeholders.
Internal and External Relations, Interfaces, and Teams:
The RA works closely with all research staff within project teams (including information specialists, HTA researchers, health economists, internal/external reviewers, and editors), as well as individually. The RA connects with HTA professionals across Canada and may represent the IHE at provincial and national meetings/conferences.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- A master's degree in a health sciences-related field, plus a minimum of 2–3 years relevant experience
- Understands best practices for HTA research methods with a detailed knowledge of HTA methods and processes
- A broad knowledge of research methods (including primary and secondary) used in the development and application of HTAs and in the peer-review process for scientific reports
- Experienced in conducting systematic reviews and skilled in critical appraisal
- Excellent presentation, writing, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills
- Skilled in the use of office, statistical, and bibliographic software
- Commitment to personal learning and development
- Good understanding of the Alberta health system and knowledge of the decision-making processes within the province
- Knowledge of and experience conducting qualitative research
Salary and Benefits:
Remuneration is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The IHE offers a competitive benefits package. This position offers the opportunity for advancement with increasing skill development and experience.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume by September 15, 2019, close of business (4 p.m. MT) to Nicole Riley at email@example.com. Three references are required, but referees will only be approached in the event of a job offer.
We thank all applicants for their interest;
however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.